Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default protect cell ranges in spreadsheet and have data filters on

If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect
the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
'.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

prizm wrote:

I have a need to protect cell ranges in a spreadsheet and have data filters
on and working. I am unable to both protect the worksheet with selected
unlocked cells and have data filters working.

--

Dave Peterson