Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default is there a way to style (color) the data subtotals command

Saved from a previous post:

I use the outlining symbols at the left to show just the subtotals that I want
to bold.

Then I select the range
edit|Goto|special|visible cells only
then format those visible cells the way I want.

Other people use format|Conditional formatting to look for the word Total in the
column that you used to do the subtotals. (The word could change depending on
what function you used when you did data|subtotal.)

Say you used column A for the subtotal key column--and you used Sum as your
function.

Then you could select the range (A1:x999 and with A1 the activecell):
format|Conditional formatting
formula is:
=countif($a1,"*total*")
and give it a bold format

The $a means that each cell in the row will look back at column A to see if it
contains the word Total.

Lynne Schrupp wrote:

I run the Data-Subtotals option but I also want to format the new total line
as bold and color it. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson