Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default is there a way to style (color) the data subtotals command

Select Format - Auto Format and then select a format. The only cuation I
will give is that this can be a slow process. Don't do it if you have more
than about 10,000 lines of source data.

As opposed to subtotaling I personally would recommend a pivot table. It is
(once you get the hang of it) a lot faster easier and more flexible than
subtotals. Additionally the formatting is a lot nicer... That is just my two
cents.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lynne Schrupp" wrote:

I run the Data-Subtotals option but I also want to format the new total line
as bold and color it. Does anyone know of a way to do this?