Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jaxstraww jaxstraww is offline

Default negative numbers

I'm cutting and pasting out of a program to an Excel worksheet. The negative
numbers in the program I'm copying from look like 202.50- for a negative
number. The positive numbers 202.50 look fine when pasted into an excel
worksheet. When I paste this type of number into the excel worksheet I need
it to become in red ($202.50)
Currently it pastes 202.50- and I need to go in and delete the - on the
right side of the number and place it on the left side of the number to
convert. Simply I need Excel to convert to a negative number if the - is on
the right side of the number.

Thanks.