NTE

No. My numbers are all above 1. Basically what I've been asked to do is
visually "squash" the datapoints.

It is kind of like a log-scale, in that we want to show more information in
less space, but it is not a probability plot. The x variable is a log of a
workplace protection factor for certain equipment. The y variable is the
cumulative percent.

NTE

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Are you trying to make a probability plot?

"NTE" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2002.

I have data that looks like this:
X Y
2.56937391 4.077622647
2.58546073 8.180775241
2.589949601 12.29105172
2.657055853 16.50782651
2.741151599 20.8580621
2.854306042 25.38787495
2.862131379 29.9301067
2.935507266 34.58878672
3.192009593 39.65453856
3.250175948 44.812601
3.266936911 49.99726325
3.268343914 55.18415844
3.339451441 60.483902
3.354684554 65.80782066
3.454234896 71.28972673
3.465234095 76.78908865
3.532754379 82.39560594
3.572755465 88.06560537
3.582631439 93.75127807
3.937417581 100

I need to produce a scatter plot in excel. Simple to do in general.
However, the requestor has asked me to have the major y-axis values be

these
(evenly spaced on the y axis):

0.1
1
5
20
50
80
95
99
99.9

I was able, using information found at http://PeltierTech.com/ (thank you
Jon) to make a dummy series that would portray the axis as I needed it.
However, the data is still plotted on the "real" axis and obviously does

not
line up with the "fake" y-axis values. Because there is a different

amount
of "space" between the major ticks, the distance between points will need

vary.

Any suggestions appreciated. I am going to try a SAS solution as well,

but
the end-users prefer to be able to do it in excel.