Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Diane13 Diane13 is offline

Default subtracting date and time formats excluding weekends

Bob, that worked great except I know have one minor quirk. When the
'received' date happens to fall on a weekend day, I (understandibly) get a
negative result (########). Is there anything I can add to the formula to
prevent these few instances? Possibly an Excel version of the IF, THEN, ELSE
statement?

THANKS!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

that should be upto :-)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Diane13" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to subtract a cell containing a mm/dd/yyyy
hh:mm format from another cell with the same format and exclude the

weekends.

Example:

A1(received): 7/28/06 15:28
A2(submitted): 7/31/06 16:07
A3 The difference in these two dates and times, excluding the weekend, to
determine the total turn around time.

The answer should reflect 1 day and 39 minutes in a format such as d hh:mm
or any other format that would make this easier.

I have the entire list of Excel functions and have tried all of them that

think are logical but I can't seem to get the correct days and time

brought
together into a single cell answer. Any help would be GREATLY

appreciated!

I am using Excel 2003.

Thanks!