Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wambui wambui is offline

Default How To Create a Percentage Discount in Invoice

Peo,

You are correct on the Sales Invoice (yellow colum, green background)

I have done what you suggested and unchecked R1C1 style and also uprotected
the sheet.

Under "M36" Sub Total I will add in a new Row for the Percentage discount.
That would make this cell: 'M37'.
Now I am figuring the calculation you gave me has something to do with the
cell number? If so, would I have to adjust this formula?: =G6*(1-H6)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

:)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You are using R1C1 reference style, it's quite handy once you get the hang
of it but you are probably better of to do toolsoptionsgeneral and uncheck
R1C1

Anyway is it called Sales Invoice and the total column is yellow and the
rest (apart from the invoice) is dark green?
If so do toolsprotection and unprotect the sheet, now you could add
discount in there

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"wambui" wrote in message
Hi Peo,

I see no letters at the top, there are just numbers at the top and along
the
bottom.
But for the shipping field the number says: R37C13
I am not sure if this helps.

I am so sorry I can't be more specific. Like I said, I really haven't used
Excel much for calculating things :(

Is there a possibility that I could email the template to you to have a
look
at? I am not sure that I am describing things correctly.

Thank you so very much!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Don't know if it is protected or not but assume that the discount is in
H6
and the price before shipping in G6 then you can use

=G6*(1-H6)

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"wambui" wrote in message
Hello!

I am very new to Excel and have downloaded a Sales Invoice Template
(not
sure what it is called).

I have fields in this template for:
Quantity
Unit Price
Total
(going accross template)
Then at the bottom there are these fields:
Sub Total
Shipping
Tax Rate
TOTAL
What I would like is to have a Percentage Discount field for a $50%
discount
before the shipping field.

Is there a way to do this and how can I do it.

Thanks!