Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David David is offline

Default Merging Cells

Hi

I have a list of a couple of thousand postcodes in a column in a
spreadsheet. Each postcode occupies its own cell. Examples of each postcode
might be AB10 or AB11 or AB12 etc. I want to cut and paste these postcodes
to another sheet, many codes to be pasted into single cells.

I tried to merge the cells as they stand so that I could collectively copy
and paste them but excel says that the cells contain multiple data values
and won;t let me merge them.

Can anyone tell me how to do this without cutting and pasting the contents
of each cell, one at a time please?

Many thanks
Dave