Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default how can I clear an apostrophy in front of number in excel

Corection - not Values and Add, but All and Add.
THe other suggestion(s) will clear the ' from numbers, not text.

"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
try copying an unused empty cell. Select your data & edit/paste special,
click Values & Add.
"KCESS" wrote in message
I know how to change formats - however I have a formatted cell for a 100

+
rows that appear to have an apostrophy as a lead. While I don't see it,

am
concluding that because changing formats to general or text is not

removing
the green box in corner and is not allowing me to do a vlookup using

this
column of info.