Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default match in multi-column and multi-row array

I don't know why I said dataset in A1 to D100,
And then have the formula reference A1 to D110,

But I'm sure you can figure it out!<g

Old age ... again!

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
With your dataset in Sheet2, from A1 to D100,
And your list on another sheet, from A1 down,
Try this in B1, and copy down as needed:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!$A$1:$D$110=A1))<0

--
HTH,

RD

"sloth" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a dataset that consists of 4 full columns of data. On another
sheet I have a list of values (1000 values in column A.) I would like
to search in the dataset for an exact match with each value in my list
returning TRUE if there's a match and FALSE if there's no match (1
return value in column B for each original list value in column A.)

Is there a way to do this without using 4 vlookups? In addition, to
simplifying the formula, is there a way to do this using a formula that
doesn't take as long to calculate?