Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default match in multi-column and multi-row array

With your dataset in Sheet2, from A1 to D100,
And your list on another sheet, from A1 down,
Try this in B1, and copy down as needed:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!$A$1:$D$110=A1))<0

--
HTH,

RD

"sloth" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a dataset that consists of 4 full columns of data. On another
sheet I have a list of values (1000 values in column A.) I would like
to search in the dataset for an exact match with each value in my list
returning TRUE if there's a match and FALSE if there's no match (1
return value in column B for each original list value in column A.)

Is there a way to do this without using 4 vlookups? In addition, to
simplifying the formula, is there a way to do this using a formula that
doesn't take as long to calculate?