Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default How to create spreadsheet that averages up to 10 columns of data

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Is there any kind of logic to
which cells should be averaged? Is it always start with the left most cell
of your range and include <x number of cells to the right? If so you can
use this the following. Assume A1 is the left-most cell of your range,
change the 8 to how many cells to include:

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(A1,,,,8))

Dave

"Tim" wrote:

I want to average up to 10 columns of data,and display the information into 4
percentages. I would like to use the same spreadsheet to average less than
10 columns, as well. My question is how to set up the spreadsheet to average
the information based on the number of columns. I have it set up to average
everything as long as I have 10 sets of information, but sometimes I will
only use 7 or 8, etcc.....