Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I stop decimal being placed in a 3 digit whole number

The strange part is...........all numbers should have the 2 decimal places.

You state that 4 digit numbers or longer entered correctly.

What's up with that?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:11:02 -0700, Jhawk
wrote:

Thanks very much for the response. I did exactly as you told me and that
fixed my problem immediately. I appreciate your response.

Jhawk

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Check out Tools | Options | Edit (tab) and look for Fixed Decimal
(about half-way down the panel) - you should ensure that this is
unchecked, otherwise every time you enter a number it will be treated
as having 2 decimal places (the default, which should be greyed out).

Hope this helps.

Pete

Jhawk wrote:
On a new spread sheet, every time I try to type a 3 digit whole number or
less (i.e. 2 digits) the cell records the number with a decimal placed after
the first number. How do I get the cell formated to accept whole numbers.
If I chekc the , between numbers and the number I use in 4 digits or longer I
do not have the problem. I have tried removing the decimal to 0.