Andy Pope

Sorry tim, I can not create a chart with the data that doesn't produce
results as expected :(

If you want to email me chart directly I will take a look.

Or maybe somebody else has an idea why you chart is mis-behaving.

Cheers
Andy

tim croot wrote:
data used was x=0 y=0, x=5 y=5

the chart was a simple line chart
tim

"Andy Pope" wrote:

what data did you use?

timcroot wrote:

Hi Andy
I seleected the simple chart to show a friend how easy it was and the line
crosses the axis at .5,-.5. the line markers at the ends report 0,0 but the
line isnt at these points????

How do I explain this to a new charter??
Tim

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi tim,

Possible you are using Line chart instead of XY Scatter?
To change right click and select Chart Type, pick xy scatter.

Where does the line cross when x=0 and y=0?

Cheers
Andy

tim wrote:

On a simple line chart X=Y used as a demo, the line will not cross at 0,0
why???

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info