John Mansfield

Sharon,

I would first suggest grouping both sets of data in a comparative fashion.
For example, convert the totals from the one-half hour increments into one
hour totals. Or, convert both sets of data from one-half and one-hour
increments to two-hour totals. You can then create a clustered column chart
with a single Y axis to perform the comparison.

Next, make sure that your X-axis is read as time. Excel reads time as a
number. The time increment for one hour is 1/24, or 0.041666667. The time
increment for one half hour is 1/48, or 0.020833333. To get a good time
format, go to the standard toolbar and hit format - Cells - Number Tab -
Time and choose the 13:30 option to reflect military time. Group your data
according to the times that you need and then build the chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"SharonP" wrote:

I need to create a chart that compares two sets of data. One set is gathered
in 1/2 hour increments and the other data is gathered in hour increments.
The data ranges from 0 to about 600. The data is a numeric count. The times
are military times so there is no am or pm to worry about. I can plot the
data on two axis if it is needed. Please let me know of the best way to do
this. Thanks.