John Mansfield

L Mehl,

One method would be to apply autofiltering to your data. With your chart
data source set up like this you have six X-axis labels with four bars:

Magazines 5
Newspapers 20
Radio 0
TV 30
Cable 45
Satellite 0

To get rid of the two axis labels associated with zero values, go to the
standard toolbar and hit Data - Filter - AutoFilter. In the Custom Filter
Dialog Box choose the option - show rows whe data is greater than 0. All
rows with zero values will be filtered out leaving your chart with a source
that looks like:

Magazines 5
Newspapers 20
TV 30
Cable 45

You should now have four X-axis labels with four bars.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"L Mehl" wrote:

Hello --

We have categories and category %'s totalling 100%; selected category %
values might be 0 in some data sets.

Example data set:

Category Category %
========= ==========
Magazines 5
Newspapers 20
Radio 0
TV 30
Cable 45
Satellite 0
---------
Total 100

In this case, we want vertical bars representing the Category %s for
Magazines, Newspapers, TV, and Cable, with these category names as X-axis
labels.

What is the best way to eliminate from the chart the categories having
Category % values = 0?

Thanks for any help.

L Mehl