Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default rounding down to positive when adding cells

What is probably happening is those number have extra precision beyond the 2
decimal's displayed. e.g. C5 might be 23.805 and E5 might be 23.818. When
you add these numbers you will get 47.62 when rounded to 2 decimal places
(even though it APPEARS you should get 47.63 when you add the rounded
versions). If you really want to get rid of the extra precision in C5 and E5
do the following:

<Tools
"Calculation" tab
Check "Precision as displayed"

This will calculate based on the amount of precision you choose to display
in the cell.

Does that help?
Dave

"billatmei" wrote:

When I am adding two cells excel wants to round down to a positive number. I
have tried to use the accounting and the currency function with no success.
Example would be =C5 ($23.81) + E5 (23.82) I get $47.62 not $47.63