Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

Default If then formulas

Many thanks Bob, my project is complete.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You probably only need

=VLOOKUP(asset_num,$A$1:$D$100,3,False)

where A:D is the table of assets and prices in column C (the ,3 part).

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"K" wrote in message
Bob, I ended up creating a separate column at the end named REPORT to
identify if any of the selected columns had "changes" and then filtered

the
REPORTcolumn. Here was that formula

=IF(OR(I3="changed",L3="changed",O3="changed",R3=" new",S3="disposed"),"Repor
t","")

It was a MUCH simpler answer - I will gladly send you the workbook if you
are interested.

I have another quick formula question if you have the time - same

spreadsheet:
I want a formula similiar to the one you provided below. I would like the
formula to match the asset numbers and then simply return the 'price'.

I played with the formula you provided below but 'nested' formulas are new
to me... and troublesome. I appreciate your patience.
Many thanks,

"K" wrote:

I am working on advanced filter & copy to a new worksheet... I will let

you
know if I figure something out.
Thanks so much for your help Bob - I will keep you posted,

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"K" wrote in message
Actually Bob - I think I have a remedy for getting these results to

one
sheet.

Can you share that with us?

I have another question that ties into the formula you provided

below. For
the assets that are on both schedules (not new, not disposed but

'current'
or
"") I want to make sure the price, for example, is the same for both
years.
Each row on both spreadsheets represents an asset - the columns in

the
rows
represent aspects of each asset - for this example lets say column D

is
price.
I would like to have a formula to match asset A1 on worksheet 2

Asset A1 on worksheet 1 (2005) then looks to cell D1 (price) in the
assets'
row on both sheets and states 'changed' if the value for price is

not the
same for both years.

On sheet 2

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)),IF(D1=INDEX(S heet1!D:D,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!
A:A,0)),"OK","Changed"),"")