Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Frequency

Assuming column C is formatted as DATE:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=" "),--(YEAR(C1:C20)=2006))

" wrote:

I have a multi column spread sheet with numbers, text and dates in
separate columns. Some of the fields under each column have a blank in
the column. I would like to find the frequency of the blank field in
the column based on the date year in another column. Something like a:
=CountIf(A2:A100,"=Blank") IF the corresponding(C2:C100,=2006)
In other words, I only want to count the occurances in A2 IF the
corresponding cell in C2 equals 2006.
I want to find the frequency of the blanks based on the year to
determine if users are entering data into a form field more often now
or in the past.
By the by, the tables that I am looking at, originate in Access. I am
pulling them into Excel for this function.
Thank you in advance for any help.