Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JFSJ JFSJ is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet question

I have two spreadsheets. On one I have 20,000 customers with customer ids
which are in numeric form like 19678. On the other spreadsheet I have 500
customers with customer ids. The second speadsheet is a list of customers I
need to delete from the larger 20,000 customer list. All of the customer ids
on the small list exist on the larger list.

I could search for each id that I want to delete individually but that would
be very time consumming. Is there a easy way to tell excel to look at the
smaller list and whenever it sees a match in the bigger list the match is
deleted?

Thanks in advance for your help.