Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
B Bear B Bear is offline

Default adding times again

Cheers to eeryone for their help.
Got there using...Oh damn forgot! 13: something: something.
But will try the paste special idea.

"kassie" wrote in message
Most likely these values are text, and not actual times. Copy a blank
cell,
select your list of times, do a paste special, and select Add. See if
that
solves your problem.

"NewsGroups" wrote:

B Bear here my last two posts are displayed wrong way round. Just need to
find out why I can't use the Voda values given and need to delete the
first
zero
"B Bear" wrote in message
Ah! being dim! Just tried it entering new values and no problem. It's
when
I use the values entered by Vodafone that it wont take them. Now to
find
out why.
"SteveW" wrote in message
[h]... is a Time format, just not on it's normal list

Right, back to basics.
Either work on a copy of the worksheet or *don't save* it after these
changes.

Click on the column with the times and the sum in
Format to general

Remember what these look like
Format the whole column again to Time (13:30:55 option)

Now what do you see in the cells and the sum.

Rememebr the sum may display wrong - we'll deal with that later.

Steve

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:57:37 +0100, B Bear

wrote:

No. Still comes up with 0's.
When I go back to format it shows it as being in time format even
though
set [h]:mm:ss.
calm calm calm!

"kassie" wrote in message
No need to get annoyed! If you format as hh:mm:ss, you will be stuck
in a
24
hour loop. If you now add 08:30:00, 09:30:00 and 08:00, you will get
total
of 02:00:00. If you format as [h]:mm:ss, you will get 26:00:00.
There's
load of difference between formatting as 00:00:00, hh:mm:ss and
[h]:mm:ss

"B Bear" wrote:

Getting annoyed now!!!
Now where's my base 60 calculator?

"B Bear" wrote in message
No luck so far
-----
Think I just tried that??
And still 00:00
I'm formatting the cells to custom 00:00:00 then in the total box
making
sure that is the same format.
Sigma on the total cell which then seems to want a range of cells
put
in.
Click the top cell and highlight down to the lowest puts the range
in.
Enter and 0's.
:-(