Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MMcQ MMcQ is offline

Default Count across multiple columns, using specific criteria

You will be sorry you offered!!

I'm working on same spreadsheet and thought the same forumla would work if
checking text in two fields, i.e. if it equals Gap in one and SME in another,
or variables as I define.

Would you take a quick look at this formula and see where I'm going wrong -
sorry!

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Project Master'!G82:G369=Gap),--('Project
Master'!F82:F369=SME))

"Toppers" wrote:

Ask earlier next time!!! Thanks for the feedback.

"MMcQ" wrote:

Excellent, this has worked perfectly, thanks a million. I have played with
this for the best part of a day trying to get an answer

"Toppers" wrote:

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(G$3:G$370),--($E$3:$E$37=$F68))

The '--' converts TRUE/FALSE to 1/0

HTH

"MMcQ" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

What I am trying to do is count values in column g (as long as greater than
0), if a specific value is held in column e

Both formula work in their own right, but when I put them together, it is
missing out on counting only if the value is greater in g

=(COUNTIF($E$3:$E$37,$F68))*AND(COUNTIF(G$3:G$37," 0"))

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong