Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Look-up and Compare Table Range Then

Believe what you need can be achieved either via VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH

Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage on VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH at her:
VLOOKUP
INDEX/MATCH
There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study
--
Max
Singapore
"Jay" wrote:
Hi guys:

I don't know if this is even possible, but, chances are that it is! I have
three columns, (1) = "A" has currency values set as income, then, column (2)
= "C" has a set of currency vals that are 8% of values in column "A". Then
columns (3) = "E" also has currency values which are +/- 9.75% of column "A"
ALL of these columns and values are on a hidden sheet called "TAX Table"

Folks who fall into column (2) = "C", do due to their status. Folks who fall
into column (3) = "E", do so due to their particular status also.

NOW on a sheet called "EMP Data" I have 30 rows (records) of data related to
various employees. I need a way to tag either "ALL" or "SOME" of those
rows/records so that a "VLOOKUP" function can be performed against them
matching their currency values against the Table of data on the sheet called
"TAX Table" in column (1) = "A", then be able to say: "based on this persons
currency value and status, they fall into group column (2) = "C" or column
(3) = "E" on the "TAX Table" sheet!

However, I would want the resulting values to show on the right side of the
currency values on the "EMP Data" sheet.

Is this possible? If so, how? I know that in Access (ALL versions) one can
tag a record using a check box! Is this also possible in EXCEL?

Do I need code to accomplish this, or can a VLOOKUP function do the same
thing?

Thanks, any help/assistance will be appreciated! Sample of data on TAX Table
follows:

"A" "C" "E"
Income TG-1 TG-2
32100.00 2428.40 2791.10
32200.00 2442.70 2808.00
32300.00 2458.30 2824.90
32400.00 2473.90 2841.80
32500.00 2489.50 2860.00
32600.00 2505.10 2876.00
32700.00 2520.70 2893.80

Sample data from "Emp Data" sheet follows:

Income
32099.76
32200.50
32289.00
32396.00
32488.79
32585.94
32697.95

The resulting values should be from Column TG-1 or TG-2 determined by status!

Hope this data samples helps...