Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Smudge Smudge is offline

Default Adding time HH:MM when it addds up to more than 24 hours

Thank you!
--
Smudge

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Use custom format [hh]:mm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Smudge" wrote in message

I have a column that adds time which has been formatted to HH:MM in custom
format. Just noticed that once the result reaches 24 hours then it
restarts
at zero. Not exactly what I had in mind! Could anyone suggest a workaround
for this please.

Whilst I'm here... I wanted to do a data validation for this range to
ensure
that users enter times as HH:MM but couldn't figure out how to do it Time
did
not seem to be the right option as users will be adding discreet amounts
of
time rather than entering a specific time. Couldn't figure how to use
custom;
tried HH:MM but think I'm barking up the wrong tree.

TIA
--
Smudge