Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel file not saving properly

It sounds like it worked!

Noma Jane Dill wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

Noma Jane Dill wrote:

New problem - within the last couple of months. Save an excel file to
desktop, my documents. When I go to file it is totally blank (no grid,
nothing). When I try to find file with search, it can't be found. The only
way to find file is to open Excel. The elusive file is in the list of "open"
files in the lower right side of the open window with the normal new
worksheet (microsoft excel book 1)is also in the window. Why have I lost the
normal (my files, desktop) link to the file? This also prevents me from
copying the file to a disk or send as an email attachment.

H E L P ! ! !

--

Dave Peterson

--