Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default duplicate check

Try this in that 'helper' column to the "right" that you mentioned:

=IF(AND(A1,COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1),"Duplicate","")

And copy down as needed.
--

HTH,

RD

"rufusf" wrote in message

Hi
I am making a spreadsheet where I am inputting a large list of
different numbers - I want to put a check in to make sure no number is
input more than once.
What would be the easiest way to do this? (ideally a column to the
right of the number could be used to flag up where there is a duplicate
number)

Thanks

--
rufusf