Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SteveW SteveW is offline

Default Adding time HH:MM when it addds up to more than 24 hours

Sorry, but doesn't anyone lurk anymore.

The time over 24 hours must have been mentioned several times in the last
couple of days :)

[hh]:mm or [hh]:mm:ss

Steve

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:04:02 +0100, Smudge
wrote:

Hi,

I have a column that adds time which has been formatted to HH:MM in
custom
format. Just noticed that once the result reaches 24 hours then it
restarts
at zero. Not exactly what I had in mind! Could anyone suggest a
workaround
for this please.

Whilst I'm here... I wanted to do a data validation for this range to
ensure
that users enter times as HH:MM but couldn't figure out how to do it
Time did
not seem to be the right option as users will be adding discreet amounts
of
time rather than entering a specific time. Couldn't figure how to use
custom;
tried HH:MM but think I'm barking up the wrong tree.

TIA