Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default how to calculate a month without the full date?

When I posted previously, I only saw the formula (below). I only found out
about the rest of the thread now.

For the record, I did pick "4" instead of "5." ;)

Very interesting formula.

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote in message
I suspected that the following formula might not work for February. So, I
did a test and I got an error.

For it to work for all 12 months, I think we have to change 30 to 28 and
also change +2 to +4.

It is interesting that it takes care of December.

Epinn

"Jared" wrote in message
Thanks it worked!!!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(DATEVALUE("30-"&A1&"-"&YEAR(TODAY()))+2,"mmmm")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jared" wrote in message
This might be a stupid question.

i have a cell (A1), with a month's name: "April"
How do i use a formula so cell B1 will show "May"

and when i change A1 to "June" Cell B1 will show "July"?

Basically a calulation but without a full date

Thanks
Jared