Colettb

Default If I don't have children open I get #REF! where external links are

I have a parent workbook that points to cells in 5 children workbooks. They
are all saved in the same directory. Excel is requiring me to have all
children open when I open the parent, or it gives #REF. If I open the
children, all values are updated. This occurs whether I select "Don't
Update" or "Update" external links. I am using Excel 2003.

I saw Jim Rech's registery entry - but that will only work on my computer.
This parent workbook is going to be posted on a website for other users to
view.

Could this be a setting in "Options"? It was working yesterday and then
just suddenly stopped working (e.g. giving #REF).

Thanks!!!!!!