Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
sdsd sdsd is offline

Default Links in a template?

I have a excel template that has a link to a txt file in the same
folder.

I would like this link to stay 'local' when the template is 'saved as' a
XLS file to a different location, but it always refers back to the
directory of the original template. Is there a way around this?

And is there a way to define a link in the template by the value in a
cell?

Say when my data is imported into the template, cell A3 has a value of
'123456'.

When the template is saved to a different location as a XLS file, I
would like a hyperlink to a txt file called 123456.txt that would be in
the same directory as the new XLS file.

Thanks.