Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johnny Johnny is offline

Default Auto naming Tabs in a Workbook

I meant to say that I did not want to rename all of the tabs in the workbook.
I do however wish to auto re-name only a select view base on the cells
contents in that tab.

"Johnny" wrote:

Thanks for your reply Alan. In my workbook, I have 4 workseets in which I
do not want to rename the tabs. Let me be a little more discriptive on what
I need. I want to be name each tab based on the cell contains in particular
that particular worksheet. For examples, if cell A1 in worksheet 1 is "Bob"
then name the tab Bob. Can you help? Thanks.

"Allllen" wrote:

Johnny,

Here is a start for you. It renames based on the values of column A.
So, if you start a blank workbook with 3 sheets and write in the cells
A1 = "pig"
A2 = "horse"
A3 = "cow"
then run this program, you will end up with 3 sheets called pig, horse and
cow.

Sub namesheets()

Dim x As Integer

For x = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(x).Name = Cells(x, 1).Value
Next x

Allllen

"Johnny" wrote:

Is there a way to automatically name/rename a tab based on the cell contents
in a worksheet? Thanks.