Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M Moore M Moore is offline

Default Search/Extract Formula

I have 3 columns of non-consecutive data in several rows.

Column 1 has description A, description B, description C, description A,
description M, etc.

Column 2 has description AA, description AD, description AF, description AD,
description AO, etc

Column 3 has amounts.

I need a formula that searches column 1 for all instances of description A.
Based on the smallest value associated with the description A items, I want
to place the description of column 2 (description result would be in the
same row as the smallest value) into the cell the formula is written in.

In the cell next to the formula above, I want to place the value (i.e. the
smallest value) that corresponds to the first formula's answer/result.