Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Assistance with password in Excel

Why don't you hide the sheet and the protect the workbook?

Note that both workbook and sheet protection are ridiculous from a security
standpoint, very easy to crack, all it takes is a Google search, however it
will probably work for the average office user

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"MJ" wrote in message
Hi. Please help. I have an excel sheet with mulitple worksheets. I need
protect one of them and keep the rest open and available. The worksheet
that
I need protected can not be seen at all. Does excel have an option to
prompt
me for a password each time the worksheet is accessed? Tools and
protection
did not help me because the data can still be seen when I open the
document.