Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kim.in.Denver Kim.in.Denver is offline

Default checkboxes and cell-link references...is there a better way

Is there a quick way to copy a checkbox and have the cell-link reference not
remain constant? For example, I have a checkbox in cell A1 with the
cell-link as B1. If I copy the checkbox to A2, would like the cell-link to
be B2 (not B1.)

Also open to alternative suggestions -- I have a worksheet with a check box
next our client's names (500+ client names.) The list is grouped by company,
sorted alphabetically by client. The worksheet needs to updated and resorted
frequently and it is very cumbersome to redfine the cell-links. I have
considered using Access but the users or the check sheet are not particullary
"user-friendly" and we are all on different versions of the program.