Rory Carroll

No joy,

This is what I did.

-Highlighted the column (don't think this is necessary)
-clicked fotmat, conditional format
-in condition 1 I selected "formula is"
-Used the cell selection too to select which cells to use (in my case :
"=$D$3:$D$17")
-clicked the same button again (to signal my selection end)
-put in "DATE(2004,7,1)" to give me the line "=$D$3:$D$17DATE(2004,7,1)"
-clicked format and gave it a color

The cells containg information like this:
Sep 1 2004 4:57AM
Sep 2 2004 3:59AM
Jun 28 2004 8:16AM
....etc

So I expected the sep cells to be highlighted.

Thanks for your input

Rory

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use formatconditional formatting (after selecting the cell(s)), formula is
and

=A1DATE(2000,1,1)

click the format button the change the format
to include adjacent cells refer to the same formula but use absolute
references =$A$1DATE(2000,1,1)

where in this case A1 would be the cell you want to highlight

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rory Carroll" wrote:

I would like to highlight date cells in a different color which occur for
example after 1/1/2000.

The dates will be all on a colum, some before 1/1/2000 and some after.

In addition to just highlighting the cell itself, is there a way to
highlight adjacent cells.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Rory