Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Picture (in Excel 2003)

I don't see anything in your messages that explain how you got pictures in your
file--but it sure sounds like you did it!

If you know that you don't have any pictures you want to keep:
Edit|goto|special
objects
(click ok)

Hit the delete key on the keyboard.

This will select all the objects and delete them.

If you have multiple worksheets, you may want to check the other sheets, too.

You may want to save it as a new name, too. That way, you'll still have the
original file (still with the problem, though) if you need it.

GARY wrote:

I created an Excel workbook containing 572 cells (11 columns and 52
rows).

I saved the workbook as STSNBR.XLS.

I can open the STSNBR.XLS file (which even has the Excel icon) in
Excel.

However, on the "Formula Bar", the "Name Box" says "Picture 3".
(Normally, the column-and-row location of a cell would be displayed in
the "Name Box").

A very light "border" surrounds each "cell" but, when I refer to that
"cell" in a formula -- for example, =left(a1,6) -- the destination cell
is empty.

When I hold down and drag the right mouse-button, the entire "picture"
moves.

--

Dave Peterson