Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jshendel Jshendel is offline

Default Using multiple IF statements

Nevermind, your equation worked. I was missing a comma.
Thanks again,
Josh

"Andy Wiggins" wrote:

Can you give an indication of what B is? It might help.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Jshendel" wrote in message
No, B is actually a long equation. So the equation you gave me is the
same
one I typed.
Thanks anyway,
Josh

"Andy Wiggins" wrote:

The "B" in your formula ... is that the letter B?
If it is your function might work in this form:
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="B",True,False))

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com
Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy
-

"Jshendel" wrote in message
I need an equation that basically says:
If cell is blank ("" (which is a return of a false statement)), do
nothing
and return blank, else run this "IF" equation which has a true and
false
return.

I'm trying something like this, but won't work.
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=B,True,False))
Is it because there is an equation in the reference cell and not "" ?
The equation I tried returns the false statement of the second equation
and
not "".