JulieD

Hi

two options
once you've typed your postcodes, select them and go into format / cells -
on the numbers tab, click on custom and type 00000 then press OK

or
when you're entering the "numbers" type a ' before them e.g.
'01234

or
before typing the postcodes, select the column where you're going to type
them and choose format / cells / text.

the first method leaves your numbers as numbers (ie you can add them up if
you wish), the second and third methods converts them to text.

Cheers
JulieD

"cmreisner" wrote in message
I need to have zip codes in a spreadsheet, but when I type in the zip code,
the zeros at the beginning disappear. How do I prevent this from
happening.

For example, 01234 automatically turns into 1234 which won't be the
correct
zip code when I mail merge the information.