Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
evan evan is offline

Default Remove ÿ

That's a new one on me. I guess MS doesn't give us any damping.

"Biff" wrote:

Get the ascii code number of the offending character:

=CODE(A1)

In my test sheet using the Arial font that code number is 255.

EditReplace
Find what: hold down the ALT key and using the *numeric keypad* type 0255
Replace with: nothing, leave this empty
Replace All

Biff

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP, Win XP
A friend has a file that has a number of the subject "ÿ" (without the
quotes) in many cells and wants to remove them. I tried Edit - Replace
and tried to paste the "ÿ" into the Replace box but that didn't work. How
can he remove these "ÿ"s? Thanks for your time. Otto