Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chefmike chefmike is offline

Default Working with several tabs

Thanks for the information Carim, but I am not sure how to use the
information and insert it into my sheets. Will this be able to look at each
of the costing sheets and look for the indivdual ingredient and add up all of
the individual ingredients and give me the total for each?

Thanks again
Chefmike

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you need to combine the following two steps,
for a tailor-made lookup() :

1. = Match(ingredient,referencelist,false)
to find out if the ingredient is in the recipe and locate its line ...
then,

2. = Index(table, match, column)
where match is the formula described in point 1and column the column
number of the criterion you are looking for ...

Hope explanation is clear enough ...

Cheers
Carim