Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] jppl2000@adelphia.net is offline

Default alphanumeric range

Is this even possible to accomplish with the manner in which the data
is entered? How would I get started with this?

Thanks,

Jim

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 06:22:41 -0400, wrote:

Yes, that is the way.

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:02:01 -0700, paul
wrote:

is there always a space between the number and alpha parts?And is the number
always first?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

" wrote:

I have more than 3 different choices, ( ab, cd, ef, ghij, kl). They
are also aphanumeric, (.01 ab, 6 cd, .50 ef, 8 ghij),etc. The numbers
may range from .01 to 8.0. The letters will always remain the same. I
would like to change the color of all the ab entries to a specific
background color, regardless of the number range, and a different
selected color for the other alpha entries. If this is possible,
could I also obtain a sum total of all the numbers ony with the ab,
then with the cd,and each of the alphanumeric sets? How to get
started? Thanks.

Jim