Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dermot Dermot is offline

Default Excel "Rows" Question

Thanks for this Gord
I knew, I didn't pick up correctly.
This too is a nice option.
Thanks
Dermot

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Dermot

Text is in A1

Select A1:E1 and FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontal.

Select "Center across selection"

Text will slide to the right, lining up with column C

Can't slide left with CAS.

Gord

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:44:01 -0700, Dermot
wrote:

Hello Gord,
Do you mean centre the text within a selected cell?
Please explain a little further.
Thanks
Dermot

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Dermot

Try "Center across selection" rather than merging.

You may get the same result without the problems merged cells can create.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:25:01 -0700, Dermot
wrote:

Please ignore this posting.
I was thinking out loud!!!!
I can achieve what I want with Cell merging.

"Dermot" wrote:

I use Excel to generate document forms instead of Word.
In many situations I prefer Excel for this purpose.

Is it possible to move the rows left or right independantly of each other.
For example assumming I have text in row 2, is there anyway to slide row 2
to the left of right horizontally independantly of the other rows above or
below it.
I know this is unlikely, but could it be done?

Thanks
Dermot