Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I segment a column of data into size ranges in Excel?

Say your data was in Column A, and you enter the row you wish to *start*
copying from into B1:

=INDEX(A:A,ROWS($1:1)-1+$B$1)

And copy down as many rows as needed.
--

HTH,

RD

"Motown Mick" <Motown wrote in message
I have a column of data listed in ascending order. I would like to pull
sections of it out (i.e. 0-10, 11-20, etc.) without having to manually go
through the column and highlight that section, copy, paste, etc. Ideally,
if
there is a formula command that can point to a section of data in a column
like this, and perform an operation on it, that I can direct to a particular
cell, I would like to know how to do that.

I can't figure out what version of Excel I have. It's whatever comes with
MS Windows XP.