Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christine Christine is offline

Default if vlookup

THANK YOU!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(VLOOKUP($B2, 'MASTER DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE)=0,"",VLOOKUP($B2,
'MASTER DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE))

Alternatively, you could keep the formula as it is and apply
conditional formatting to the cell, such that if the cell contents is
zero then choose the foreground colour to be white, so that a zero will
show up as a blank.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Christine wrote:
I'm using a vlookup to populate my summary sheet with data from the MASTER
DATABASE sheet

=VLOOKUP($B2, 'MASTER DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE)
The above formula works fine - except for when the cell where I am pulling
the data from is blank. Excel then returns a value of 0 and I want the cell
to remain blank. I know this is some variation of an IF statement but can't
get it to work.

Thank you.