Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tim m tim m is offline

Default if vlookup

=IF(VLOOKUP($B2, 'MASTER DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE)="","",VLOOKUP($B2, 'MASTER
DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE))

See if this does the trick, if it is blank it should stay blank otherwise it
will calculate your formula.

"Christine" wrote:

I'm using a vlookup to populate my summary sheet with data from the MASTER
DATABASE sheet

=VLOOKUP($B2, 'MASTER DATABASE'!$A:$AY,8,FALSE)
The above formula works fine - except for when the cell where I am pulling
the data from is blank. Excel then returns a value of 0 and I want the cell
to remain blank. I know this is some variation of an IF statement but can't
get it to work.

Thank you.