Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don_S Don_S is offline

Default Copied tabs

OK,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a tab that I copy into other spreadsheets
on a rather regular basis. It has to do with legacy data. Anyway, I copy it
in, do a find and replace to get links to the original spreadheet to point
internally to a tab within the "new" one. This no longer works. As soon as
I try the "find and replace", it tries to relink to an external spreadsheet.

(this is the formula) =[Labels_7.xls]Hardware!A4
(replace this) [Labels_7.xls]H
(with this) H

(should get) =Hardware!A4

It tries to update the data externally, then
(I get) =[Hardware]Hardware!A4

How do I just get the formula to stay within the spreadsheet? This has
worked fine for YEARS until this morning. AND it's happening on more than
one machine in the office!