Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m tim m is offline

Default Don't want !ref displayed when source worksheet has not data.

You could try ands check for the error with an if staement perhaps.
something like:

=IF(ISERR(your formula here),T9*L14,put your formula here)

It should calculate your formula and if the result is going to be #REF it
will multiply your two cells only and show that. If it is not an error then
it will show the full calculation. Does that make sense?

" wrote:

I have a formula the multiplies two cells and adds that product to a
referenced cell from another worksheet.

For example:

=T9*L14+GETPIVOTDATA("Billing Amount",'Labor
Pivot'!$A$6,"TradeCode","F04")

The problem is that when the Pivot Table is changed, the data that the
formula is looking for may not be there anymore and the formula cell
displays #REF!. Is there a way for my formula to still display the
product of T9*L14 and if no data can be found from the Pivot Table it
ignores that part of the formula or equates it to 0?

Thanks,
Ryan