Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Fill cell that is blank

Try this on a spare copy ..

Assuming source data in A1 down

Put in B1:
=IF(A1="","xxx",A1)
Copy B1 down to last row of data in col A
This will fill blank cells or cells with "" (zero length strings) in col A
with "xxx"

Then freeze the evaluated values in col B with an in-place: Copy Paste
special Check "Values" OK. Then delete col A.
--
Max
Singapore
"Slashman" wrote:
Hi,

I have a column that is 700 odd rows long. In each cell there is a
phone number, but in some cells in the column there is no data at all.

How can I run a macro to look at every cell in the column and if it is
blank, add a number, word or something and if it is not blank, to leave
it and continue to the next?

Cheers,

Aaron.