Dave Peterson

You can see what's left in that cell after you did the copy|paste
special|values.

Turn on Tools|Options|Transition Tab|check Transition navigation keys.

You'll see an apostrophe in the formula bar.

(remember to toggle this option off).

One way to get rid of this "junk" is:
select the cells (ctrl-a, twice in xl2003)
edit|Replace
what: (leave blank)
with: $$$$$ (any unique string)
replace all

then reverse it.
edit|Replace
what: $$$$$ (any unique string)
with: (leave blank)
replace all

David wrote:

Greetings and thanks in advance for your time.
The following scenario captures the essence of the problem:
In an empty spreadsheet, if I enter "" into cell A10 and then copy and paste
values, A10 appears to be blank. However, if I select cell A1 and press [end]
then down arrow, cell A10 will be selected. This suggests that A10 is somehow
different to it's neighbouring blank cells? Can anyone please throw any light
on this?
--
David

--