Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] groaner@post.com is offline

Default Automatic deletions

Max wrote:
wrote
.. The line
.. Format B1 as date. Copy B1 to E1

was corrected in my 2nd follow up to:
Copy B1 to E1. Format B1 as date.

To copy B1 to E1, just drag the fill handle of B1 (point at the bottom right
corner of B1, there'll be a solid black square - that's the fill handle)
across to E1. Then to format B1, select B1, click Format Cells Date
(Choose your desired date format) OK.

.. Then just select A1:E1, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
data in X

I'm not sure about this part - what to copy down.

"Select A1:E1" ... means you left click n highlight the range A1:E1, "..
copy down" ... means you then drag the fill handle of E1 down (with A1:E1
highlighted). The above basically means that we're copying at one go the
formulas within A1:E1 down the cols.

Anyway, here's a working sample construct for your easy reference:
http://cjoint.com/?izhmTNhSIR
Auto deletion of expired cases in new sht.xls
(Link is good for 14 days)
--
Max
Singapore

Thanks so much. That cleared it up and it worked. You guys in here are
an incredibly valuable asset to we who have brain damage.

Someone else tried to help me with this early thurs morning.... I was
going to work on his solution later in the afternoon but it was deleted
from the post. Thanks to him, also, if he sees this.

Johnnie
www.digitalbirdcrap.com